some nerd who draws and pretends to be a zombie on the internet
So I’ve noticed that there are two connected users on tumblr using my Wranduin art (and destr’s) in their layouts without credit, and are reblogging my art with the comments deleted. I’m really flattered that people enjoy my art enough to use it to represent their online presence, but fuck’s sake, is it really that hard to keep artists attached to their art? If you can take the time to add a link on your profile to a 30-day-character development meme, you can take the time to link the fucking artist responsible for the image in your sidebar that you photoshop-filtered the hell out of.
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
This post is EXTREMELY important and I want all of you to read it.
NEVER buy a dog. Adoption should be your only option.
her hair absolutely fazes through her arm
but hey at least she looks hot
can /you/ do any better?
I mean god damn are you people seriously going to pick at every little thing DID YOU NOT SEE HOW FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THE BACKGROUND WAS? HOW WONDERFULLY ANIMATED THE ICE AND SNOW AND MAGIC WAS?
Not to mention how INCREDIBLE her voice sounds in this scene
But no, is all ruined because a cartoon had her hair phase through her arm
um hi as a professional 3d animator this is actually really really sloppy of them and everyone should be pointing this out
first and foremost all the backgrounds and particle effects are pretty and shiny and nice and all but it doesn’t mean anything if your character animation isn’t up to snuff because you know that’s kinda what people go to see the movie for
second there are dozens and dozens of levels of quality control in the disney studios - i’ve seen shit a thousand times less noticeable than this get people torn apart during dailies by their instructors or their superiors
lemme tell you something when i was in school one time i had spent two weeks working out a piece where a guy jumps out of a filing cabinet and there was a four frame segment where the tip of his foot collided with the edge of the cabinet as he turned around
my instructors spent almost a full half an hour drilling me on it in front of the entire class because i was too lazy to go back and fix it
so no these guys have literally no excuse whatsoever they have the best and brightest in the business and all the money in the world to back it there is absolutely no reason for that kind of supreme laziness
WOW guys. Tumblr is SO intentionally determined to tear apart this movie even because of a small animation mistake. Well, I’m not an animator, but I’ve witnessed animation mistakes in other great movies You want an example?
This is from Rise of the Guardians, and there are two, TWO errors in this scene.
The first one is, Tooth is shorter than Jack in the movie, and when she comes to hug him, they’re both and the same level and she ISN’T FLYING.
Don’t believe me? Look at their height difference in the movie:
Second: look carefully at the two gifs. Tooth is hugging Jack using her two hands, but when Baby Tooth pops up and she breaks out from the embrace, during a second you can see her left arm was at the same place.
In this gif you can see it better:
And you can say anything about RIse of the Guardians but it is a lazy movie done by lazy animators.
God, tumblr, you really can’t let go of Frozen really? It’s okay wanting to point out one mistake, but then using it to tear it apart a work some REAL LIFE people spend their time working on, and for one error (because they are mortal people capable of some mistakes), it just makes you bullies. And I can feel it is this way because no one, NO ONE, said one word about the animation mistake(s) Rise of the Guardians did.
But I guess other certain movies, tv-shows and books can get a free-pass for their mistakes here, right?
Welcome to tumblr, everyone.
[gratuitous opinion in the tags that no one should read]
#people take shortcuts to get a result that looks good
#(or what their boss(es) want the result to look like)
#RotG could’ve had tooth and jack hug at their proper heights
#but that wouldn’t have been aesthetically pleasing with their actual 4-inch height difference
#it would’ve thrown off the framing of the scene
#the frozen animators could’ve had the braid move the way it should
#but as someone who had her hair long and in braids for years
#braids don’t move in a really elegant way
#and to give the animators credit
#they did try to hide it with her black sleeves on the black background
#so that means they knew what they were doing
#they also likely had more than one version of this part
#animation isn’t all that different from live-action in that there is a director who will change a scene if they don’t like the result
#I really should’ve added this directly to the post#because now I have 15 tags of rambling
#and I doubt I’m even all that qualified to ramble about it
(tags via artymine)
this whole “OH MY GOD FROZEN IS COMPLETE SHIT BECAUSE BRAID AND THUMB” thing is making me REALLY hate Tumblr. if Pinterest were actually interesting, I’d probably abandon here for there.
I NEVER COMMENT ON THESE STUPID LONG POSTS BUT I HAVE TO SAY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESNT NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG?! II’m fairly certain the average movie goer wont notice these things since I can’t even see them even when you point them out. Are you all high? lol. GET OFF THE INTERNET YOU’VE BEEN ON IT TOO LONG
You’re not alone. I don’t see it either.
This is pretty much the only thing I’m going to reblog on this issue because I’m sick to death of hearing about it. It’s like when Frozen didn’t turn out to be the shit movie everyone predicted it was going to be (note to self: finish Really Long Write-up about how Frozen is basically the Disney Princess version of X-Men and a metaphor for queer people learning to accept themselves and how important it is for the friends and families of those people to love and accept them and make sure they know how loved and accepted they are BUT I DIGRESS), the nitpicking started because OH NO FROZEN MUST BE A SHIT MOVIE WE MUST MAKE SURE THAT IT’S A SHIT MOVIE SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS IT’S A SHIT MOVIE EVEN THOUGH THE REASONS WE HAVE FOR SHITTING ON IT ARE ALSO PRESENT IN TANGLED and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and BRAVE and RISE OF THE GUARDIANS BUT WE LOVE THOSE SO THEY ARE NOT SHIT BUT FROZEN (which we haven’t even seen, oops) IS COMPLETE SHIT.
Like I agree that there are issues with the movie, but Christ on a cracker, come off it with the animation flubs! Guess what: in a two-hour movie with almost 200,000 frames, there are going to be errors! There are going to be flubs! There are going to be movements that are unnatural or awkward or involve some clipping or a raccoon disappearing! Get over it!
To the idiot feminist who is whining about there being no lead female characters/leaders in Warlords of Draenor…
This is Yrel. You really should research before you make yourself look like an idiot.
She’s hot and awesome, and even if she weren’t in the game I wouldn’t whine about it. Nobody cares. It’s a game.
oh boy, if only i had done my research
like i was about to explain the dismal state of gender portrayals in wow and it’s terrible, terrible fandom, what with all the rampant fridging and complete fucking irrelevance and constant jokes that are solely based on the premise that misgendering is Funny, but now i dont think i can seeing as warlords of draenor is confirmed to have
one major female character
boy howdy, she might even fight and stuff
this more than makes up for all the women in wow who are brutalized to the point where the player literally has to ‘put them down’, written so that they cannot possibly exist without X male character’s presence, consistently having nearly every decision they make put in scare quotes by the narrative, only allowed into the Main Storyline as a result of being horribly victimized and even then only as a quote unquote Villainous Bitch, subject to sexual assault for no reason other than proving that the bad guy is Evil, conspicuously absent, portrayed as a walking cautionary tale against things like agency and having sex, conspicuously absent, written as if passing from the influence of one male character to another is the same thing as character development (and being thrown under the bus when they actually do things on their own), conspicuously absent, actually naaru or something, unable to walk three steps without being involved with either rape or mind control, introduced as an extension for X Important Dude Character than conveniently impregnated and forgotten, killed off to provide X Important Dude Character with vital manpain, reduced to literal bargaining chips, and conspicuously absent! never mind that all we know about her is… her name, that she’s ‘hot’, and the fact that she’s modeled after a historical figure who’s sort of infamous for being brutally murdered. but hey, at least martyrdom is preferable to complete fucking nonexistence ?
Everyone’s probably seen this by now, but I decided everyone needs to see it again. “boy howdy, she might even fight and stuff” Too good not to reblog.
I know I reblogged previously but this post still deserves reblogging more.